NI Week 2018
TS 1043 – Use PPLs to Build and Deploy Large, Scalable Applications and Get a Head Start on GLLs in LabVIEW NXG
Learn how to use LabVIEW Packed Project Libraries (PPLs) to develop large, modular and scalable applications. Develop apps that load instantaneously, use Plug-in architecture to dynamically load modules, publish smaller updates and ensure your IP is protected!
Come and see why using PPLs today will help you with GLLs in LabVIEW NXG tomorrow.
At STUDIO BODs, when it comes to developing large applications that need to evolve and scale in time, we use PPLs as they help us to componentize the entire solution. Using PPLs offers many benefits in terms of development, build process and deployment, but it also comes with many considerations that the developer needs to be aware of.
In this session, we will use real-world examples of applications that use a few, or hundreds of PPLs to illustrate and animate the following discussions:
- Pros and Cons of PPLs
- Software componentization. Library Packaging
- Reduce time to build and publish smaller updates
- Application load time. Dynamically load code in memory with Plug-in Architecture
- Compiled code helps protect Intellectual Property
- Build process for nested PPLs. What to include in the dependencies and what to exclude
- Cross-linking issues
- Comparison with GLLs in LabVIEW NXG
This session should convince the audience that PPLs is the way to go to develop, build and deploy scalable applications. It will also give many tips and tricks to avoid the pain that can come with PPLs at first.
Software Architect, Founder, STUDIO BODs